You must protect your cards to feel safe and secure
Using your usbbank Platinum/Gold/Classic/Electron Visa Cards
Tips for Cardholders
Protect Your Card
- Ensure that your Visa Card is signed on the signature panel as soon as you receive it.
- Protect your cards as if they were cash. Do not leave them unattended anywhere, such as in a car, bar, night club or on the beach.
- Always check sales vouchers including purchase amount when you sign them - keep copies of sales vouchers and ATM receipts.
- Never give your card number over the phone, unless you are dealing with a reputable company, or you have initiated the call yourself.
- Always check your billing statement, especially after a trip. Check the amounts of your purchases against your sales vouchers and receipts - immediately report all transactions that are not yours.
- Do not volunteer any personal information when you use your card.
- After completing a transaction, remember to take your card and, if provided, your transaction record.
Your Card and PIN
- Never disclose your PIN to anyone. No one from a financial institution, the police, or a merchant should ask for your PIN. You are the only person who should know it.
- When your card has become stuck inside of the ATM machine, be suspicious of anyone offering their help, even if they appear to be a bank security officer. Criminals can obtain your PIN by several means (shoulder surfing or straight forward questioning), then retrieve your jammed card from the ATM and use it to withdraw funds.
- Memorize your Personal Identification Number (PIN) - if you must write down your PIN, do not keep it in your wallet, purse, or on the card itself.
When Using an ATM
- Protect you ATM card from damage by keeping it in a safe place - don't allow it to bend or be scratched.
- Do not leave keys or valuables in the car when using an ATM - and do not leave your car engine running.
- Have your card ready - avoid having to go through your wallet or purse to find your card.
- Make sure that anyone waiting to use the ATM after you cannot see you entering your PIN or transaction amount.
- Don't count your cash while standing at the ATM - put your cash, card, and receipt away immediately.
- Cancel your transaction and leave immediately if you see anything suspicious. Confirm, as soon as possible, with your Bank that the transaction was cancelled.
- Do not leave your receipt behind - take it with you. Compare your ATM receipts to your monthly statement. It is the best way to guard against fraud and it makes record-keeping easier for you.
Shop Safely Online
- Always use a secure Web browser
- Shop with merchants you know, or research before you make a purchase
- Look for the rewards of online shopping
- Check delivery and return policies
- Keep a record of your transactions
- Creating a password and keeping it a secret
LOST OR STOLEN CARDS
If any of your usbbank Cards are lost or stolen, either n Cyprus or abroad immediately contact the
Customer Teleservice Center at usbbank during working hours: Tel: +357-22883333
After banking hours please contact immediately JCC Payment Systems Ltd:
If you are abroad visit the nearest bank bearing the VISA logo or simply call at:
|VISA TRAVEL SERVICE
For any case please report it to the police and ask a copy of your report for documentation.